Pressure cooker shredded buffalo chicken is paired with roasted cauliflower and a raw shredded brussel sprout salad to make an easy meal prep option. This low carb meal prep lunch idea has minimal active cooking and will last the whole week.
Shredded Buffalo Chicken
How do you make shredded buffalo chicken? You can get the full details here with tips and tricks as well as slow cooker instructions. Place four to six boneless skinless chicken thighs into the pressure cooker and cover with at least one cup of buffalo sauce. Lock and seal according to your manufacturer’s instructions and cook for 20 minutes on high (25 minutes on high if using frozen chicken thighs) and do a quick release of pressure after 5 or 10 minutes. Shred with a wooden spoon and turn to brown/saute to reduce the sauce for 2-3 minutes.
How do you make roasted cauliflower? The full instructions are here along with how to buy and store both raw and roasted cauliflower. Preheat your oven to 375 F and get out a sheet pan. Remove leaves from the base of a head of cauliflower. Cut in half through the stem and remove the core with a large chef’s knife. Tear off florets with hands and then toss into large mixing bowl with three tablespoons of olive oil, two tablespoons of garlic paste and kosher salt to taste. Lay in a single layer on a sheet tray and roast until fork tender and browning (about 40-50 minutes).
Brussels Sprouts Meal Prep Salad
How do you make a raw shredded brussels sprouts side salad? This is a very easy recipe that just uses a low moisture salad base. Put shredded raw brussel sprouts in an airtight container and add the toppings of dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and parm cheese. Be sure to store the dressing on the side to keep the salad from getting soggy. More information with substitutions can be found here.
How long can you store shredded buffalo chicken meal prep bowls? You can store the chicken and cauliflower for three to four days safely in the fridge.
How long can you store a raw shredded brussels sprout side salad? The salad will last four to five days in the fridge with the dressed stored on the side.
How do you pack up shredded buffalo chicken and roasted cauliflower? I store the buffalo chicken and cauliflower in the same airtight container and top with scallions. Be sure to store it in the fridge.
Tips and Tricks
How do you reheat a buffalo chicken and cauliflower together? I just reheat the whole thing in the microwave. Since the salad is on the side, that stays cold. I just microwave the chicken and cauliflower and then stir it up and ensure it is evenly heated through.
How many portions does this recipe make? This recipe makes three portions or three days worth of meal prep. I don’t like to eat the same meal more than two or three times a week. You can very easily scale this up or down to make it for two days or five days.
You May Also Like
- More Meal Prep Recipes
- Chicken and Broccoli with Oyster Sauce Meal Prep
- DIY Adult Lunchables
- Easy Baked Salmon Poke Meal Prep
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Meal Prep
Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- 4-6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 bunches of scallions green and white chopped finely
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste or 6 cloves finely grated
- Kosher salt to taste
Raw Brussels Sprout Salad
- 3 cups raw shredded brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons grated parmigiano reggiano
- 3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons of dried cranberries
- 3-6 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Make the shredded buffalo chicken by adding four to six boneless skinless chicken thighs to the pressure cooker with one cup of buffalo sauce. Seal and lock and set to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Do a quick release after 5-10 minutes. Shred chicken thighs with a wood spoon and set pressure cooker to saute/brown to reduce the sauce for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and get out a sheet pan.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and toss in olive oil, garlic paste and kosher salt.
- Put on the sheet tray and roast for 40-50 minutes until fork tender and browning.
Brussels Sprout Salad
- Split brussels sprouts, parm, sunflower seeds and cranberries into three airtight meal prep containers.
- Split salad dressing into three separate containers.
Putting it Together
- Get three airtight containers and split the shredded buffalo chicken into the containers.
- Split the roasted cauliflower up and put into the three containers with the buffalo chicken.
- Finely chop up 2 bunches of scallions, using the white and green parts, and top each portion of the chicken and cauliflower.
- Store in the fridge for three to four days.
- Store the salad and dressing separately
- When ready to reheat remove one portion of the chicken and cauliflower and reheat in the microwave until warm.
- Add one portion of salad dressing to one portion of salad and enjoy alongside the chicken and cauliflower.
- Get more details on the buffalo chicken here, roasted cauliflower here and meal prep salad here.
- This recipe makes 3 days of meal prep.
- Store cauliflower and chicken together in a microwave safe airtight container in the fridge.
- Cauliflower and chicken can be stored for three to four days in the fridge.
- Store salad and dressing separately in airtight containers in the fridge.
- Salad can be stored in the fridge for four to fives with the dressing separately.