My name is Sam and I’m the recipe developer and food photographer of Smack of Flavor. I also have another blog about frozen food in the air fryer call Freezer to Air Fryer. I make recipes that are straight forward, well tested and also really delicious. When developing recipes I’m looking to make them as flavorful as possible with plenty of details, tips and tricks about the method and ingredients and probably some cheese.
My coworker, Phoenix the rescue husky mix, keeps me company in the kitchen, helps me write blog posts and is always eager to be a taste tester (she’s a big fan of cheese). I live with my boyfriend too in Massachusetts. He’s a mostly willing taste tester and often is an enabler when I ask “do I need to add more cheese?”
All recipes have been tested by me multiple times and I try to include plenty of details to help cooks of all skill levels. But please, if I’ve missed something or you need more details, feel free to reach out and ask.
I have always enjoyed being in the kitchen and creating food that I love for people. My love language is feeding people flavorful food. I started this blog in 2018 to share my recipes and to inspire people to cook more often.
Things I Love
- Cheese: specifically a nice aged gouda.
- Baseball: I love nothing more than cooking on a Sunday and yelling at the Red Sox
- Fall: It’s my favorite season. If you’ve never experienced a New England fall, you need to.
- Feeding people: The ultimate reason why I love to cook so much is because it brings me great joy when someone enjoys something I’ve made.
- Audiobooks: I found that I can read more book if I just listen to them faster and all the time. So many books, so little time.
Things I Hate
- Celery: It’s weird stringy water.
- People shaming: Don't yuck someone else's yum! Just because you wouldn't eat it, doesn't mean it's bad or gross or wrong. Just move along.
- New York Yankees: I won't apologize for this but I'll still like you even if you root for them.
- Extra fluff: I’m all about efficiency and providing details about a recipe to help you, the reader, cook it well. You’re reading the recipe to make the recipe, not to learn about how much this pesto recipe reminds me of my grandma.
I'd love to hear from you!
You can connect with me on social media or e-mail me directly at samantha(at)smackofflavor(dot)com.
Please join our discord server called The Cheese Cave where we share recipes, meal plans, ask for help with how to use ingredients and share kitchen tips. It's a lot of fun! It's basically like the most organized ever group chat with a bunch of people who just wanna talk about food all the time.
You can follow me on Instagram where I share on stories about the recipes I’m testing, foods I’m loving or just my day to day life in the kitchen. I’m also on Twitter where I have food rants and question why I go to the grocery store at 12 on a Saturday. Pinterest is where I share my recipes as well as others for inspiration. Come say hi!
My newsletter goes out every other week and is full of my favorite recipes and other tips and tricks in the kitchen.
Thank you for coming to say hi. I hope you learn something new from my recipes and get to share them with your favorite people.
Updated January 30, 2023.