Air Fryer Garlic Bread is an easy and quick side dish for your next pasta night. Made with fresh ciabatta or Italian bread, butter, garlic and cheese, this is the ultimate comfort food. Garlic bread in the air fryer comes out perfectly toasted with melted cheese, ideal for one or two people.
Tips and Tricks
What’s the best type of bread to use for garlic bread? The best type of bread to use is whatever is in the house. I’ve done this with simple sliced bread I had leftover. Personally, I prefer to do it with Italian bread or ciabatta bread. Slice this bread lengthwise into four to five inch pieces and slather on the butter!
What do you serve with garlic bread? I think garlic bread is a wonderful snack and appetizer. However, it’s also great as a side dish to soak up sauce from your favorite pasta dish or the last bits of broth from a hearty braise or soup. One of my favorite ways to eat it is just by dipping it in marinara sauce. Garlic bread goes great with creamy tomato bisque, it’s basically an open faced grilled cheese!
What other types of cheese can you use for garlic bread? Use a cheese that melts well like a low moisture mozzarella or a mild cheddar. It’s also great to use a combination of cheeses like adding freshly grated parmesan to a freshly cooked piece. Parmesan is delicious but doesn’t melt well so it’s best to use it as a topping after it’s cooked or addition to a good melting cheese. It is best to use freshly shredded cheese from a block of cheese because it will melt better! Pre-shredded cheese has starch added to it so it doesn’t clump together and this prevents the cheese from melting easily.
How do you store garlic bread? Store garlic bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. I recommend only making as much as you need and freezing the rest of the bread uncooked.
How do you make air fryer garlic bread? Start by preheating the air fryer to 375 F. While it is preheating, mix melted butter and garlic together in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush or spoon, spread the melted butter mixture onto the cut side of the bread. Place bread cut side up inside of the air fryer basket or tray.
Sprinkle cheese on top of butter mixture and gently press down so it sticks and lightly sprinkle dried Italian seasoning over the cheese. Cook cut side up for two minutes until cheese is melted and bread is warmed through. To serve, cut into three slices.
How many pieces can you cook at once in the air fryer? This depends on the size of your air fryer. It is important to have the pieces in one single layer. For me in a five quart, I can do two 4-5 inch pieces easily. They only take about two minutes to cook, so it’s best to do them in batches if you have more to cook.
Can you reheat garlic bread? Yes, reheat the garlic bread the same way you cook it but at a slightly lower temperature of 350 F for two minutes. If you over cook it, it may turn into a brick.
You May Also Like
- Pasta Carbonara
- Lemon Pesto Pasta with Shrimp
- Cajun Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Pasta
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 1 piece of Italian or ciabatta bread 4-5 inches
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon of garlic pasta or minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly shredded fontina cheese
- Sprinkle of dried Italian seasoning
- Mix melted butter and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Spread the melted butter mixture onto the cut side of the bread using a pastry brush or spoon.
- Preheat air fryer to 375F.
- Place bread cut side up inside of the air fryer basket. Sprinkle cheese on top of butter mixture and gently press down so it sticks. Lightly sprinkle dried Italian seasoning over the cheese.
- Cook cut side up for 2 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is warmed through.
- Cut into 3 slices and serve as an appetizer or with your favorite pasta.
- Use a piece of Italian or ciabatta bread that has been cut lengthwise and is about 4-5 inches long (or whatever fits in your air fryer).
- You can make 2 or more pieces of garlic bread in the air fryer if they fit in a single layer.
- If you don’t have garlic paste, you can grate 2 cloves of garlic or use minced garlic.
- Store leftover garlic bread wrapped in foil in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Reheat leftover garlic bread at 350 F for 2 minutes.